G1: The microphone isn’t working
If you are using the Lightspeed wireless microphone included with the iCommunicator kit, check the following:
•Are the Receiver and Transmitter fully charged?
• Are the Receiver and Transmitter on the same frequency (A or B)?
• Are all the cables inserted correctly?
• Is the microphone on?
• Click: Options – Microphone On
G2: The windows disappear in CUSTOM MODE.
You must make changes to the “iCommunicator.ini” file. Only make this change if you are very familiar with a PC. If you perform these steps and iCommunicator does not start, Click HERE to download a brand new iCommunicator.ini file, delete your original file, and place it in the "C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\iCommunicator" directory.
1) Double-click on MY COMPUTER
2) Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\iCommunicator
3) Double-click on the iCommunicator.ini file. It should open in Windows Notepad.
4) Find the section [FormData]
5) Highlight all the information in the [FormData] section only and delete it. Be careful not to delete information in other sections. Each section begins with a title surrounded by brackets (i.e. [Signing] )
6) Highlight the following text, copy it, and then paste at the end of iCommunicator.ini document. Save the iCommunicator.ini file and close it. Start iCommunicator.
E1: E0047 Hardware Key not found
Insert hardware key before starting iCommunicator.
E2: Runtime error 339: Component DNSTK10.DLL or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid
iCommunicator requires that Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional is installed prior to starting the software
E3: Run-time error 457: The key is already associated with an element of this collection.
Follow the following procedure to reinstall the driver for the USB hardware key:
1) Remove the USB key from the USB socket
2) Click HERE to download the USB Driver Setup file
3) Save the file to your computer
4) Once downloaded doubleclick on the file to run
5) This application will remove the existing USB key driver and install a new version. Please follow the on-screen instructions.
6) You must reboot your computer after the install is completed
E4: When dictating into iCommunicator or Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9, the program may lock up and become inactive.
The only way to get out of this state is to End Process on natspeak.exe in the Task Manager. This may be caused by the software trying to process a long utterance and can be reproduced by:
•Attempting to dictate in a noisy environment.
•Leaving the microphone on while away from the machine.
To resolve this issue:
1) Click HERE to download the DNS9Aupdate.exe and save the file to the desktop. This file is 16mb.
2) Close all applications that are running on the system.
3) Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and bring up the Task Manager. On the processes tab, verify that natspeak.exe is not listed as a running application.
4) Double-click on the DNS9Aupdate.exe.
5) Select the Language version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.
6) Before the installation begins, a prompt to insert the CD may appear.
7) Click "Next" to start the installation.
•Note: After installing this update, the build number will include an "A" at the end.
iCommunicator may use similar system resources as other assistive technology. It is recommended that iCommunicator not be installed on a computer running the following software:
|Receive Updates on iCommunicator News – Join our Mailing List|